The quick and dirty facts come first:
1) My Name is Michelle Kimmerly
2) I'm located in Bowmanville Ontario Canada
3) I specialize in Weddings and Portraits, but will rarely (rarely...) turn down a job, and have done Family/Baby/Pet/Boudoir/Holiday sessions etc. and would love to hear about yours!
4) I have reasonable rates, and a passion to give you the best product for your hard earned $$
5) I've been photographing weddings since 2007, and portraits since 2003... how many of each...? I lost track of weddings at 50, and portraits... man, who knows :)
Alright, If you're still here, I've tweaked your interest. As I said, I've been photographing weddings since 2007, had I known everything that was involved, I would never have done my first, but going in blind was the best thing I could have done; I love the adrenaline and the glamour of each wedding day. It's the one day in a woman's life when she can be a princess, and the one day in a man's life that he has to suck it up and act like prince charming *LOL*.
I have to admit that I had never picked up a camera until the summer before grade 9, my Dad gave me a lovely old Praktica (Practically a Camera!!) and while we were on vacation in Virginia, I got the chance to take photos in some unique conditions, which resulted in some amazing results and thus the bug bit and has never let go.
I've captured moments for many people and organizations ranging from friends, strangers (who are just friends I haven't met yet), and volunteer organizations, like the Special Olympics, which might I add, was one of the most rewarding experiences in my life.
When it comes to my sessions, I like to leave each one feeling like I'm part of the family. I want my clients to trust me and know that I will do whatever it takes to get the perfect image of them regardless of what I have to do (go in the river, climb a bridge, lie on the ground, etc.) and I want them to feel comfortable enough to give me the truest of smiles, which contrary to popular belief, is not on your lips, it's from your eyes.
If you've read this far, Kudos to you! I hope this means you have a serious interest in my work and in having me come photograph your event or yourself/Wedding/baby/iguana, and if that's the case, pop on over to the "Contact Us" page and drop me a line to tell me all about your event, and how I can become your creative event photographer. :)